Supported EtherCAT Node
X20 I/O Bus Coupler
- Fieldbus: EtherCAT
- Auto-configuration of I/O modules
- I/O configuration and firmware update via the fieldbus (FoE)
- Full support of the modular slice concept via CoE (CANopen over EtherCAT)
- Configurable I/O cycle (0.2 to 4 ms)
- Synchronization between the fieldbus and X2X Link
- X20BC80G3 module type with two additional output ports (X20HB28G0)
EtherCAT is an Ethernet-based fieldbus developed by Beckhoff. The protocol is suitable for hard and soft real-time requirements in automation technology. In addition to a ring structure, which becomes logically necessary because of the summation frame telegram used, the EtherCAT technology also physically supports topologies such as line, tree, star (limited) and combinations of these topologies. B&R’s X20BC80G3 (expandable bus controller module) and X20HB88G0 (stand alone junction base module) are available for implementing these topologies.
EtherCAT slave devices take the data designated for them from a telegram as it is passing through the device. Input data is also inserted in the telegram as it is passing through. The X20BC00G3 bus controller allows X2X Link I/O modules to be coupled to EtherCAT and can be operated on any EtherCAT master system. A transition between IP20 and IP67 protection outside of the control cabinet is possible by aligning X20, X67 or XV modules one after the other as needed at distances up to 100 m.
PC-based EtherCAT Motion Controller
learn about our PC-based motion controller to use with this node
ready to start automating?
412 customers have already automated with help of our products and team